Journey of a thousand mile

Saturday, July 31, 2004

A night before

Our marriage was arranged in a place called "Wallajah" some 60 Kms away from "Chennai" and so we (bride and bridegroom) had to move to that place for wedding. My relatives and myself boarded the bus which was arranged by my in-laws in the morning to go to "Wallajah". We were in a celebrating mood and sang all the way to "Wallajah". I was welcomed by my in-laws like a king and that was the first time in my whole life that people gave me so much of respect, I started feeling like an important person (courtesy my in-laws). I remembered the saying, every dog has it's own day and my day has come for sure.

"Gayathri" and myself were very eager to talk in person, all these days (some 90 days), we were talking through cell phones and the urge was there to talk atleast once in person before the marriage. Finally the chance came, we both met in the dining table just one night before the marriage and decided to sneak to a balcony to talk to each other, we fixed the time to meet as 11:00 PM.

We were struggling to start the conversation. All these days we were very fluent in talking to each other but suddenly we were struggling for words. Just when things were not moving, I started showing her all the messages that she sent me and it proved to a good point in flagging off things. Just when we were talking, rain started to come down and we were brushed by chill breeze in that cold night. I held hands of Gayathri for the first time and I could now understand why a hero always kisses heroin in hands in Bollywood.

The moment was so lovely and touching, I still remind it and I wish it happens to everyone in life. Nothing like holding hands of your girl friend in a cold night, try it and feel it for rest of your life.

Reach me at hifromsriram 'at' hotmail 'dot' com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home